When I’ve been having a few fitting issues or just need a little break from apparel, I usually turn to making a bag. There are many advantages to bag-sewing:
- Bags don’t give you fitting problems!
- They are wonderful scrap/stash busters as they tend to need small amounts of different fabrics
- All those bright quilting cottons sitting in your stash that you bought because you liked the pattern/colour? PERFECT for bags.
- They’re usually pretty quick to make
- You get to use your bag all the time, as opposed to a great dress, which may only see daylight once in a while
- They’re actually quite forgiving – if you go a little off your seamline or misjudge cutting, you can usually get away with it